Contract position: A Material Flow Analyst is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Ottumwa, IA area. This position will ensure that there is optimized material movement that results in increased productivity and efficiency, reduction of inventory levels as well as higher inventory accuracy. No per diem available. No travel is anticipated. 1st shift. Up to 5-10 hours of OT.Responsibilities for the Analyst
Requirements for the Analyst
- Plan material replenishment strategies to support variable build levels and inventory accuracy while minimizing material handling costs.
- Establish and create triggers based on raw material or complete goods replenishment cycles and lead times.
- Determine correct inventory location for raw materials and complete goods inventory. Plan raw material and In Process storage strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in either Industrial Engineering, Business Management, Supply Management or a related field. At least 1 year of experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel - must know vlookup and pivot tables. Must have lean manufacturing experience (kaizan and kanban). Must have basic project management experience with material flow principles.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.