Contract position: A Manufacturing Controls Engineer for a corporation that designs, produces, and distributes engines, filtration, and power generation products is needed in the Columbus, IN area. This position will support production processes and equipment as well as sssist with planning and implementation of capital and major projects. No per diem available. No travel is anticipated. 1st shift. Off-shift or weekend work will be required at times.Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Lead problem solving and improvement activity. Understand and support the CMEP Safety and Environmental systems.
- Lead development of JSA and lockout/tagout documentation. Participate in the development and maintenance of process documentation.
- Associate's degree is the minimum degree, however a Bachelor's degree is preferred. At least 2 years of applicable experience such as PLC, Allen Bradley, Control Logix, etc.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes. Experience with project management and industrial controls systems. Must be familiar with common approaches to problem solving (Six Sigma, 7-step, FMEA, FTA, etc.)
- Understanding of statistical process control, process capability, and data analysis. Computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Minitab, Lotus Notes, Oracle, and File structure.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.