Contract position: Project Estimator located near Pensacola, FL is needing for a leading chemical manufacturer used in various commercial and industrial products. This role will be responsible for the development and standardization of conceptual estimating process to support current and future capital and expense plant projects. To be considered - must have working knowledge of estimating software such as Aspen, Timberline or related software. Candidates with estimating experience from a heavy industrial environment is preferred (chemical, paper, steel, construction, EPC). This is a long term stable opportunity to join a growing organization. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Estimator
Requirements for the Estimator
- Responsible to support current and future capital and expense projects
- Develop Class 5, 4 and 3 level estimates for Capital projects
- Responsible for development and standardization of conceptual estimating process
- Responsible for preparing accurate cost estimates, to support the Project Stage Gate process
- Quantifies and communicates cost risks within project estimates through project stage gate and approval processes
- Conduct post project audits to identify and implement accuracy and productivity improvements
- Must have at least three (3) years of project estimating experience within a manufacturing or construction environment
- Estimating experience from a heavy industrial environment is preferred (chemical, paper, steel, construction, EPC).
- Working knowledge of estimating software such as Aspen, Timberline or related
- Experience developing Class 5, 4 and 3 level estimates for Capital projects
- Professional estimating certification by AACE International a plus
- Contractor benefits plan
- PTO plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.