A Mechanical Drafting/CAD Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Wilmington, NC area. This role will provide mechanical equipment designs, schematics, and layouts which meet company Machine Drafting Standards on CAD based formats. No per diem is available. Travel is very likely to other NC locations.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Drafter
Requirements for the Mechanical Drafter
- Create, review, and update installation documentation and drawings as required. Incorporate redlined drawings into company standard packages and follow-up with drafting services as required to resolve design issues.
- Re-design mechanical components to reduce installation cost, solve equipment interferences, and correct inadequate designs.
- Provide sketches or marked-up drawings as dictated by project and evolutionary equipment needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering/Technology. An Associate's degree is a minimum requirement. At least 5 years of experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing setting.
- Strong practical hands-on mechanical aptitude (able to reverse-engineer design from existing piece of equipment). Proficient with piping schematics.
- Thorough understanding mechanical drive trains, electrical and pneumatic actuators. GD&T understanding and experience.
<Benefits for the Mechanical Drafter
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.