Permanent position: Leading Medical Device Manufacturer is seeking a Senior Research and Development Engineer in South Florida. The Sr. Engineer will performs new product development activities, product evaluation and testing, process development, test fixture development and verification/validation protocol and reports. Relocation/mobilization assistance included for qualified candidates. Responsibilities for the R&D Engineer
Requirements for the R&D Engineer
- Lead portions of new product development projects or major design change projects.
- Generate product design concepts & improvements, prototype builds, pre-clinical evaluations, and transfer of product to manufacturing.
- Apply Mechanical Engineering knowledge to the design and development of medical devices.
- Develop, test, and refine prototypes and new product designs.
- Design and fabricate test fixtures or systems to evaluate device function.
- Perform data analysis (statistical and practical) and develop appropriate action plans based upon such analysis
- Develop verification/validation protocols, carry out testing and write reports.
- Manage product builds for formal testing programs
- Develop project timeline for development projects and ensure project execution.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering is preferred, other Engineering degrees considered with relevant experience.
- Previous R&D experience in the medical device industry
- 6+ years of experience on Catheter or Endovascular device development experience is PREFERRED
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant engineering experience to include exposure to design of experiments, specification development, and prototyping
- Knowledge of FEA and failure analysis.
- Solidworks proficiency highly preferred. Other software considered.
- Detailed knowledge of Design and Controls per ISO13485
- Hands-on knowledge of plastics, metallurgy and manufacturing processes
- Company sponsored Benefits package
- 401K with company match
- Relocation available for qualified candidates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.