Contract position: An Operational Buyer is needed for a leader in electronics, healthcare, and lighting in the Rancho Cordova, CA area. This position will place orders with suppliers and monitor the outstanding order package in terms of delivery time, quality, and price. No per diem available. No travel is anticipated. Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Track order confirmation, monitor open order position, expedite if needed and keep SAP updated. Perform inventory analysis.
- Make adjustments in case of changes. Decide the priority in complain handling. Decide how to reach an agreement with the supplier in case of disruptions of the delivery.
- Change quantities within the framework of stock order levels and assignments by combining several orders for one supplier. Choose the right time to order.
- Knowledge on inventory management including safety stock management in relation to service levels. At least 3 years of related experience.
- Negotiate compromises with supplier and discuss financial consequences with Purchasing.
- Knowledge on inventory management including safety stock management in relation to service levels.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.