Contract position: Engineering client involved in electrical transmission & distribution (T&D) and electrical substation engineering & construction projects is looking for a Drafter to join their team. This position will start out on a 6+ month contract assignment and then turn into a permanent job for the right person. Our client prefers you to be local to Forth Worth or within a commutable distance. You need 0-5 years of drafting experience in any discipline, but ideally either electrical or civil.Responsibilities for the Drafter
Requirements for the Drafter
- Provide electrical, civil and/or structural drafting support for high voltage, electrical substation projects and electric T&D projects
- Revise existing drawings and preparing new drawings of basic electrical components & structures related to substation designs
- Prepares non-routine drawings with complex features using information from rough sketches, detailed engineering notes or brief verbal guidance
- 0-5 years of experience as a Drafter, ideally electrical or civil-structural
- You must be proficient with AutoCAD 2014 design software
- Any experience with MicroStation V8i is considerd a big PLUS
- Specific drafting experience supporting electrical substation design projects or transmission line design projects is a PLUS
- Our client prefers candidates that have an AS Degree in drafting technology or related field OR went to a technical high school where you learned AutoCAD
- Any drafting experience related to the following would be a plus: electrical control circuits for substations & switching stations, protective relays, miscellaneous controls, alarms, monitoring devices, transformer controls, breaker controls, SCADA, A.C power and D.C controls
- PTO Program
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.