Permanent position: Our client in South LA is looking to bring on an Environmental, Health, and Safety(EHS) Coordinator to assist in maintaining the EHS compliance at the facility. A successful candidate will be able to communicate with the management Team, employees and contractors/ vendors, under the guidance of the EHS site manager. The candidate will implement programs, policies, and assessments to ensure compliance with all federal and internal health and safety rulesResponsibilities for the Safety Specialist
Requirements for the Safety Specialist
- Manage the maintenance and implementation of safety programs, compliance plans, and initiatives.
- Provide administrative support to the EHS Engineer such as typing/copying/distributing correspondence, preparation of various reports, and maintaining individual environmental files for facility.
- Conduct daily safety walk throughs, support EHS Engineers for 2 locations.
- Bachelor's degree in safety science, industrial engineering, or industrial hygiene
- Must be able to read, understand, and interpret regulatory requirements such as the Federal Register
- 2+ years EHS Experience and full knowledge and understanding of OSHA requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.