Permanent position: Our client is hiring for an experienced Design Engineer in Chicago, IL. This Design Engineer will be responsible for developing custom product designs and innovation through 3D modeling and prototyping with short lifecycles. They must demonstrate expert level design software experience in a manufacturing setting. This is a direct hire opportunity, relocation is offered and can start immediately. Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Take ownership of developing unique custom designs.
- Work collaboratively among the engineering team to learn all product lines.
- Must have a strong focus on product design and innovation, 3D modeling, and prototyping with short life-cycles.
- Apply creative thinking and analysis to develop unique, innovative concepts that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Analyse risks and root out issues early in the design process, using various internal resources.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Industrial Design.
- 3D CAD software expertise required, SolidWorks preferred.
- 5-8 years of professional engineering work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Team player, strong communicator and excellent organization skills.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Holiday pay, 401K.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.