Contract position: EHS Specialist opportunity with a manufacturing client located approximately 30 minutes West of the Durham, NC area. This contract to hire, possible immediate direct hire position will have responsibility to drive, maintain and promote a safety conscious culture throughout the manufacturing facility.. Responsibilities for the Specialist
Requirements for the Specialist
- Manage accident / incident cases as well as corrective / preventive action and reporting.
- Maintain ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 compliance and implement improvements
- Conduct internal safety/ environmental audits and inspections to monitor effectiveness.
- Conduct EHS related training of associates and management to ensure compliance with legal, system and customer requirements.
- Provide guidance to Management regarding EHS related issues, while acting as the subject matter expert in such areas.
- Prepare and submit facility required environmental reports (i.e. Tier II, SARA 313, SPCC, SWPPP)
- Conduct Internal EHS/ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 audits
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Health, Safety, Environmental or Chemical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Approximately 7 or more years working experience in EHS in a manufacturing or similar environment
- In-depth knowledge of Environmental, Health, and Safety functional areas, competencies in EHS policies development, and knowledge and skills in designing, implementing, and evaluating effective EHS programs, policies, and services
- Solid foundational knowledge of EHS practices within a larger organization and prior experience in manufacturing.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.