Permanent position: Packaging Engineer needs for a growing company in the Gurnee, IL area. In this role you will be responsible for packaging development to support new product launches, promotional activities and cost improvement projects on existing product lines. You will also provide recommendations on sourcing the development and qualification of new suppliers.Responsibilities for the Packaging Engineer
Requirements for the Packaging Engineer
- Source finished goods and new packaging for customer Consumer and Commercial businesses within time and budgetary constraints to support the company's strategic objectives of cost savings, growth & profit. Projects include new product launches, new pack types, promotional activity (displays), graphics refreshes, quality issue investigation & resolution with suppliers and customer specific packs.
- Represent numerous functional objectives on projects from concept through commercialization in project meetings.
- Provide technical expertise to achieve resolution of quality and production issues through knowledge of various manufacturing methods.
- Perform root-cause analysis and problem solving to issues with current packaging and good technical design practices on new designs to ensure success the first time.
- Cost Modeling: negotiate final costs and commercial terms of various components, working with Purchasing, Planning and Finance to develop comprehensive cost models for new packaging to understand total cost of ownership.
- 5- 10 years' experience working with new product development teams and external suppliers to implement new consumer products, or functional packaging from concept through commercialization.
- Advanced knowledge with multiple packaging materials, converting processes and liquid or powder filling lines in various manufacturing environments.
- -Advanced analytical skills with ability to identify cost variables and formulate recommendations based on understanding of material cost drivers. Includes building bill of material (BOM) cost structures at multiple volume tiers.
- Comprehensive benefits package available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.