Permanent position: Multi-national maker of parts for luxury automobiles seeks an CONTROLS ENGINEER for its manufacturing operations located in the Upstate (Greenville/Spartanburg) of South Carolina. The CONTROLS ENGINEER recommends / develops PLC (programmable logic controllers) solutions to meet business needs as it relates to manufacturing / assembly operations on the shop floor. IMMEDIATE, DIRECT-HIRE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION! Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Plans and implements improvements within the assembly dept. related to the specific controls system
- Participates in cross-functional project teams supporting activities related to controls issues.
- Provides technical support related to controls systems duringthe introduction of new components.
- BS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering combined with at least 4 years of manufacturing engineering experience.
- 3-5 years experience with Robotics, PLCs, ( Allen Bradley or Siemens / Kuka Robotos, ,hydraulics and pneumatics
- 3+ years knowledge of automotive parts assembly processes pertaining to assigned parts and/or systems by module
- Ability to create and read logic as well as flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation/testing, and start-up
- Ability to travel 50-70% both domestic and international
- The company provides a comprehensive benefits package to include:Medical, prescription, dental and vision plans, Savings Plan with 401K and , Tuition Reimbursement, Relocation expenses
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.