Contract position: Quality Engineer openings with a manufacturing client located approximately 45 minutes SW of the Raleigh, NC area.. Client is looking for candidates to ensure error-free product launches through the application of robust designs and stable, capable processes throughout the supply chain. Client may consider an immediate direct hire for candidates that will only consider this option.Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Application of customer quality requirements, including special characteristics and trace-ability within the CAPM/APQP framework.
- Support design and manufacturing functions during all stages of the process and participate in stage gate and program reviews
- Participate in the development of the Process Flow/PFMEA/Control Plan
- Verify that engineering, process intent, and production samples are manufactured and inspected according to SAFE Sample and customer specific requirements
- Responsible for preparing and leading the Product Launch Quality Reviews (PLQR) and coordination of related Product Launch Quality Improvement Plan (PLQIP)
- Complete and submit PPAP documentation for approval and ensure it includes approved changes
- Other duties as required
- B. S. required. (Engineering Degree Preferred)
- Approximately 3 or more years manufacturing process experience
- Formal problem solving skills (5WHYs, 8D, fishbone, PPS, etc)
- Experience with core quality tools, including APQP, PPAP, DFMEA/PFMEA and SPC
- Experience/training with ISO/TS 16949 systems
- Experience conducting RCFAs (root cause failure analyses) on products
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.