Contract position: An Engineering and Planning Coordinator Associate is needed for a world class utility company in the Roanoke, VA area. Assist with providing input to annual budget, capital forecasts, five-year plan and improvement requisitions. No per diem available.Responsibilities for the Engineering Associate
Requirements for the Engineering Associate
- Perform varied assignments demonstrating technical knowledge and analytical techniques to solution of problems or analysis.
- Participate in company and contractor meetings covering outage/project schedule, safety issues and operations and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist in evaluating contracting methods, reviewing drawings and preparing basic cost estimates using established standards. Participate in the planning and organization of outage/project work activities.
- Assist in the preparation of technical reports and papers. Understand and monitor labor relation activities ; develop and maintain rapport to assure cooperation and productive working relationships with contractors.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited university or college or an Associate's degree with 2 years of experience in design, operations, planning, construction or maintenance of systems and/or equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.