Contract position: A Project Manager for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science are needed in the Painted Post, NY area. This position is responsible for the ensuring the project's compliance with schedule, cost, safety, and other project specific deliverables such as those associated with product quality. No per diem is available. Some travel may be required. 5% travel or less required.Responsibilities for the Project Manager
Requirements for the Project Manager
- Direct supervision of project team resources. Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies. Identifies and drives key decisions for such things as design, schedule, spending, vendor selection, etc.
- Plans and directs schedules and budgets. Responsible for the project's cost control and spending approval, this includes change order approval and scope change management.
- Monitors the project from initiation through delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field is required. 3+ years of experience in industry or in a related field.
- MS Projects experience required. Cost management background required.
- Technical skills associated with automation and the integration of equipment preferred. Solidworks and AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Manufacturing experience preferred. Project Management certification preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.