Contract position: Engineering & Construction client involved in a manufacturing plant construction projects is looking for a Project/General Superintendent to support a construction project in Salina, KS. You need at least 10+ years construction management experience or craft supervision experience on a similar plant project. Per diem is offered for this position.Responsibilities for the Superintendent
Requirements for the Superintendent
- Provide on-site construction and administrative management of field related activities on a manufacturing plant construction project
- Monitor Subcontractor construction efforts to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule
- Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site functions (schedule progress, construction activities, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of on-site staff)
- Monitor subcontractor activities
- The general scope of work includes oversight of client contractors (structural, mechanical, electrical, insulation, demo, coatings) who are hired for repairing and/or replacing structural members throughout their facility that have excessive corrosion due to sanitation wash-downs over the years.
- You need 10+ years of experience related to industrial plant, heavy industrial plant or manufacturing plant construction projects
- You need at least 5 years of experience as a Project or Construction Superintendent over these same plant type construction projects
- You need a broad understanding of the following construction areas on manufacturing plant projects: structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, insulation, demo, & coatings
- You need excellent communication skills and the ability to coordinate work with on-site client
- You need OSHA 10 or 30 (30 is preferred) certification
- PTO Program
- Comprehensive contractor benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.