Permanent position: Global developer, manufacturer and supplier of engineered seals is seeking a Research and Development Engineer for their Lexington, KY location. This Engineer will be responsible for conducting analysis studies and developing screening methods to measure, monitor and improve experimental projects. Seeking local candidates or candidates that can relocate with a small relocation sign-on fee.Responsibilities for the R&D Engineer
Requirements for the R&D Engineer
- Develop new elastomeric recipes in all polymer families for markets including automotive, diesel, consumer and aerospace applications.
- Interface with customers, sales and other divisional, group and corporate personnel to resolve technical matters dealing with projects.
- Coordinate with material suppliers on new material or processes applicable to new products
- Analyze research data and product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposals.
- Prepare preparation of product/system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design task; AutoCAD and FEA platforms.
- B.S. in Engineering; preferably Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial.
- 2+ years manufacturing process-engineering experience in the rubber or plastics industry.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of FEA platforms.
- Good communications skills; comfortable speaking with customer, suppliers and other engineering department heads.
- Company sponsored Benefits package.
- 401K with company match.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.