Permanent position: Immediate opening for an Product Development Engineer with a Structural or Mechanical background, working out of the Pettisville, OH area. This person will be involved in design, engineering support, load calculations and direct interaction with customers on customized product lines. A BSME with specific on the job experience in relation to steel metal structures or a Structural Engineering background are most compatible for the role. Responsibilities for the Structural Engineer
Requirements for the Structural Engineer
- Produce applications drawings for new projects as required, perform calculations for load ratings, prepare product list according to drawings, and design new product solutions to meet customer needs.
- Work collaboratively with product/design engineers to provide appropriate technical solutions, while identifying remedial actions relating to issues within existing systems, solutions and applications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles and corporate guidelines.
- BS in Civil or Structural (and Mechanical with one the job structural calculations will be highly considered.)
- 2+ years experience in a structural design / engineering background is required.
- Proficient with design software. 3D modeling is a plus.
- Position requires travel up to 20% (customers, vendors, etc.)
- Company sponsored benefits, 401k, relocation assistance, etc...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.