Contract position: Electrical Engineer for immediate opportunity just south of Boston, MA Medical Device organization. The right candidate will be responsible for all phases of the product DEVELOPMENT cycle including: specifications development, architecture selection, risk assessment, design feasibility, detail design and design verification for medical devices. Candidate will also need a working knowledge of electrical development for manufacturing and well as experience in programmable logic and perform sustaining tasks. Bring your medical expertise and join a great team.Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Coordinate directly between Design/Development (hardware and software), Quality andManufacturing teams to understand, correct, and eliminate complex electronics failure modes.
- Determine root causes of internal and external product failures and develop action plans.
- Perform inspection and characterization testing of electronics system hardware as well as conduct analysis of configuration and operating data associated with the electronics function.
- Design electrical test methods and fixtures
- Generate design documentation using OrCAD EDA tools for drawings.
- Work closely with R&D, manufacturing and quality to coordinate enhancements to productmanufacturing
- BSEE (MSEE pref) along with Product DEVELOPMENT experience either during internships or other
- Design knowledge in embedded controls and hardware logic design with significantdigital circuitry such as communications, memory, and I/O
- Ability to understand complex designs and failure modes with software/hardwareinteractions
- Exp developing electronic systems along with experience in design of electronics based systems, including schematics, circuit simulation, PCB layout, testing, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with programmable logic, VHDL and with logic analyzer and DSO test tools
- Must have knowledge with engineering CAD software such as Orcad
- Experience in design for manufacturing of assemblies involving small pitch and BGA circuitpackages.
- A working understanding of FDA QRS or ISO-13485 principles and UL or IEC 60601 electrical safety and EMC standards and principles.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.