Permanent position: The Plant Metallurgist is responsible for the overall quality of finished product. Plant Metallurgist handles Technical Aspects of Product Quality and Specifications at Order Entry. Oversees the technical aspects of steel and pot metals purchasing and evaluates overall Supplier Quality. The Plant Metallurgist drives quality improvement and product development. BS. Metallurgical / Materials Science Engineering Degree.Responsibilities for the Metallurgist
Requirements for the Metallurgist
- Process variation, product characteristics and measurement systems are analyzed by the Plant Metallurgists.
- Plant Metallurgists drive quality improvement and product development.
- Trials are monitored and documented by the Plant Metallurgists.
- Overall quality performance is communicated to the respective Plants and trends are documented/charted.
- On-Going Set Up and Programming of Level 3 (PreMet, Order Validation, Routing)
- Quality Committee / ISO 9000 Compliance
- Production Bonus calculation & communication of performance to crews
- Assist Tech Services team with customer visits and problem resolution
- BS. Metallurgical / Materials Science Engineering Degree.
- 3+ years experience as a Metallurgist in a steel manufacturing plant.
- Ability to develop enhanced knowledge base of flat rolled sheet steel products
- Problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent benefits, relo assistance
- Company has a history of promoting from within.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.