Contract position: A Product Design Engineer for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products is needed in the Mountain View, CA area. This position will help define architecture, provide design, test & validation requirements, oversee physical engineering design and work cross-functionally on system integration. No per diem available. No travel is anticipated.Responsibilities for the Product Design Engineer
Requirements for the Product Design Engineer
- Lead hardware prototyping and product integration for project for function, reliability, human factors, manufacturability and cosmetic requirements.
- Manage the subsystem and/or individual part designs from concept to production. Identify cause design issues to improve designs to successfully guide products to mass production.
- Drive material selection, process development and deployment. Represent HW team in meetings with product partners.
- Bachelor's Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with designing and delivering products in high volume.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.