A Capacity Planning Operations Technician needed for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products in the Sunnyvale, CA area. This position will help plan and design infrastructure behind the company's powerful search technology. No per diem available. No travel is anticipated.Responsibilities for the Technician
Requirements for the Technician
- Analytics and problem solving with attention to detail within networking and data center power domains.
- Utilize capacity management tools for space, power, cooling, and networking to integrate new IT equipment into data center environments.
- Perform cable length calculations within AutoCAD following defined routing.
- At least 1 year of experience with IT and must have working knowledge of AutoCAD. Must be familiar with fiber optic cable specifications.
- Prefer some familiarity with computer hardware and the physical layer of computer networking (not required to be a deep expert).
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
<Benefits for the Technician
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.