Contract position: A Performance / Reliability Engineer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Fuquay-Varina, NC area. This role performs basic product design, testing and/or analysis work for a defined portion of a project. No per diem available. No travel required. Responsibilities for the Product Engineer
Requirements for the Product Engineer
- Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
- 4 year Engineering degree preferred. CAD (Creo/ProE) design and analysis experience required.
- Experience with product development required. Knowledge of engines, hydraulic systems, electrical systems or mechanical systems required.
- Experience with digital data acquisition systems required. Experience working with Ag PDM, SAP and other enterprise tools such as Root Cause Analysis required.
- Experience with riding lawn, commercial mowing or golf course maintenance equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.