A Design Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Hodges, SC area. This position will apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work. No per diem available. 0-25% travel is required. 1st shift.Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project. Review and approve database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems.
- Provide required engineering support for resolution of factory support and CPI quality issues. Document issues, lessons learned and provide recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with at least 10 years of relevant experience. Ability to read and interpret Engineering prints and solid models Understanding of APQP and PPAP processes.
- Understanding of gray and ductile iron castings and associated foundry processes as a Design Engineer or Foundry Engineer. Previous experience with 3D part scanning is a plus.
<Benefits for the Design Engineer
- Health Insurance, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.