Permanent position: U.S. based maker of complex assemblies (tubes, fuel tanks, dipsticks, fuel caps, etc) for the automotive / heavy truck industries seeks a QUALITY ENGINEER for it's manufacturing facility located in Atkins VA. The QUALITY ENGINEER will plan and conduct activities concerned with the quality assurance of industrial processes, materials, and products made in this facility. Direct-hire position with an established company. Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Customer liaison for quality issue required for Engineering changes.
- Implementing control plans, gage instructions, PM Charts, or any production document pertinent to the process book.
- Complete 8D activities to prevent (poke yoke) ongoing quality problems for internal and external quality issues.
- Implement flows, FMEA's, Minimum process requirements, and other documents relating to supplier quality manual.
- Assist in gage methods and measuring techniques and conduct gage R&R for new gages.
- BS degree in technical or related field with at least 2 years QE experience, preferrably in automotive parts manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience with quality system tools, to include FMEA, 8D, PPAP, and Gage R&R
- Metal processing exposure (tubing, bending, grinding, machining) highly desired.
- The company provides a competitive benefits package to include relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.