A Drafting Technician is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Rapid City, SD area. This role is responsible for verifying 3D models and engineering drawings to meet the customers' needs while also adhering to company engineering standards. No per diem available. No travel is required. 1st shift.Responsibilities for the Drafter
Requirements for the Drafter
- Create or modify 3D models and engineering drawings for use in manufacturing. Use PLM software for storing CAD files, creating engineering notices, and maintaining Bills of Material.
- Create engineering notices for all 3D model and engineering drawing changes and creations that adhere to Caterpillar Engineering Standards.
- Collaborate with Engineers and peers to troubleshoot design issues along with 3D model and engineering drawing issues and discrepancies.
- Requires at least an Associate's degree, and prefer relevant experience in CAD. Good mechanical aptitude and 3D spatial awareness. Must have basic Microsoft Office and Windows knowledge.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing. Experience with Sheetmetal Design/Manufacturing, and/or Welding/Fabrication experience.
<Benefits for the Drafter
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.