A Mechanical Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Decatur, IL area. This role will design engine installations and cooling systems on earthmoving equipment, specifically Motor Graders. No per diem available. 0-25% travel is anticipated. Must be able to work a flexible daily schedule including late evening or early morning meetings.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Create design concepts, work with other design engineers, suppliers, and manufacturing planners. Create detailed designs and engineering drawings.
- Design support structures, mounting, and lines for engines & transmissions, intake air systems, exhaust and aftertreatment systems, fuel systems, and cooling systems.
- Use Creo and other design tools, as well as manage design work performed globally.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (or other engineering field) and prefer recent engineering experience.
- Prefer at least 2 years of recent experience designing for heavy duty mobile equipment, including hands-on experience.
<Benefits for the Mechanical Engineer
- Health Insurance, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.