Excellent heavy industry manufacturer in the Charleston, SC area is looking for a Mechanical Engineer during and after their major expansion project. Report directly to the Maintenance & Engineering Manager will work closely with both the Production and Reliability teams. Responsibilities include ensuring overall asset health, effectively analyzing process concerns and performance gaps and guide resources to resolve problems, developing maintenance operator technical skills, and ensuring engineering standards are met. Excellent benefits: 401K , extremely low rates for health, dental, vision; tuition reimbursement; vacation, holiday pay, bonus, and relocation paid if needed.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Develop plant culture that places highest value on workplace safety and environmental/OSHA compliance.
- Develop maintenance operator technical skills in the areas of TPM (total productive maintenance), reliability tools, and skills necessary to execute planned and emergent work.
- Detailed Job Planning - Work with the Mechanical Planner/Scheduler
- Develop routine Preventive and Predictive Maintenance and schedules for new equipment and ensure work is performed according to schedule on an ongoing basis.
- Manage and schedule TPM activities by preparing and maintaining and weekly maintenance schedule..
- Bachelor's Degree Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in heavy industry preferred (steel, paper, chemical, foundry)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
<Benefits for the Mechanical Engineer
- Incredible growth opportunities... 401K, Health, Dental, Bonus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.