Excellent heavy industry manufacturer in the Charleston, SC area is looking for a hands on Process Improvement Engineer for second or third shift during a major expansion project (will go to regular hours after project). Organizational expert and catalyst for continuous improvement: propose, sponsor and lead projects that will improve product performance, reduce costs, improve yields, or reduce cycle time through using Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools Excellent benefits: 401K , extremely low rates for health, dental, vision; tuition reimbursement; vacation, holiday pay, bonus, and relocation paid if needed.Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- Drive process improvement through various tools, methodologies, techniques.
- Develops and maintains the process standards in which all parts are manufactured.
- Verifies and applies narrow ranges for optimum process.
- Reviews production and operating records and resolves technical processing issues.
- Manages exploration of new materials and processes in order to achieve the best quality, process, and reliability.
- Bachelor's Degree Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years in in a Process Improvement role with demonstrated examples of optimization, cost savings, etc.
- Experience in heavy industry preferred (steel, paper, chemical, foundry)
- Lean, Six Sigma exp.
<Benefits for the Process Engineer
- Incredible growth opportunities... 401K, Health, Dental, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.