Contract position: A GIS Specialist is needed for a world class utility company in the Gahanna, OH area. This role will provide an advanced understanding of spatial analysis, data modeling, and database design and apply technical expertise to establishing workflows and protocols to achieve project objectives. No per diem available. Up to 6 hours of OT per month. Responsibilities for the GIS Analyst
Requirements for the GIS Analyst
- Responsible for the consistency of the data in the GIS. Monitor data entry for consistency and accuracy and coordinate updates of applicable GIS.
- Develop, assemble, edit and revise maps and map products using GIS cartographic concepts, principles and processes for various groups throughout the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in GIS and 5+ years related GIS experience OR non-GIS Bachelors or Associate's degree and 7+ years related GIS experience OR High School and 10+ years related GIS experience.
- Thorough understanding of data management principals, including database design, data archiving protocols, metadata creation, and overall data organization required. Ability to establish cartographic designs required.
- Experience with web-based mapping (html, Java etc) and understanding with GPS receivers and software to collect data required. Proficiency in database development concepts (Oracle or SQL Server) required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.