Contract position: Packaging Buyer located near Trenton, NJ for a global chemical manufacturing organization. This role is responsible to identify and implement Purchasing strategies for the cost effective supply of packaging materials/commodities. Candidates must have Bachelors Degree in Purchasing, Business, Finance, Economics or Supply Chain and at least three (3) years of purchasing experience (Packaging commodities is preferred). This is a contract opportunity is slated to initially last for three (3) months with possible monthly extension. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Identify and implement Purchasing strategies for the cost effective supply of packaging commodities
- Consolidate supplier base and negotiate contracts that lower cost and add value.
- Develop RFQs/RFPs and initiate sourcing strategies
- Work with requisitioners, suppliers, and industry groups, and provide direct support in identifying sourcing opportunities
- Develop purchasing strategy to help lead project teams within the purchasing domain
- Lead contract development and prepare contracts for execution
- Bachelors Degree in Purchasing, Business, Finance, Economics or Supply Chain required
- Must have at least three (3) years of purchasing experience (packaging commodity experience is ideal)
- Experience in the chemical or refinery industries is ideal
- Understanding and experience negotiating contracts
- SAP experience a plus
- Contractor benefits plan (Medical, Dental, etc.)
- PTO plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.