Contract position: A Process Engineer is needed for an industry leading specialty medical products provider in the Salt Lake City, UT area. This role develops processes and/or manufacturing equipment in support of medical device manufacturing.Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Ensures proper documentation is completed to meet quality systems requirements. (e.g., BOM's, Routers, FMEA's, etc.). Provides Design for Manufacturability (DFM) input to the engineering print package.
- Writes validation protocols and reports applicable to new processes. Oversees test builds associated with the project.
- Executes the functional deliverables associated with the process development process, project management, and quality systems.
- B.S. degree in engineering or applicable technical field (mechanical or biomedical preferred), or A.S. degree with significant, relevant experience. 5+ years' of experience in the medical device industry preferred
- Experience in polymer extrusion, solid modeling, tooling/fixture design, coating application, automation, microfabrication, UV bonding, polymer lamination, test method validation, insert molding, visual inspection, metrology, metallurgy, and braiding.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.