Contract position: An Electrical Drafting/CAD Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Wilmington, NC area. Provide electrical equipment designs, schematics, and layouts which meet copmany Machine Drafting Standards on CAD based formats. No per diem is available. Responsibilities for the Electrical Drafter
Requirements for the Electrical Drafter
- Create, review, and update installation documentation and drawings as required. Incorporate redlined drawings into company standard packages and follow-up with drafting services as required to resolve design issues.
- Re-design mechanical components to reduce installation cost, solve equipment interferences, and correct inadequate designs. Provide sketches or marked-up drawings as dictated by project and evolutionary equipment needs.
- Specify vendors and maintain a close liaison to procure and expedite materials. Support engineers and technicians as needed for Electricians and Mechanics during installation activities.
- Electrical or Controls Engineering/Technology Degree required (Associates minimum). 5+ years' experience in engineering/manufacturing setting required.
- Experience with this software required: Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD® 2017 Electrical 2017, Windows7, MS Office (Power Point, Excel, Word) PLC and PC based systems, Automated equipment systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.