Contract position: A Mechanical Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Peoria, IL area. This role will research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes. No per diem available. 0-25% travel. 1st shift. Must be willing to work extra hours.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendation to maintenance crew. Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using tools, equipment or software.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the test & development of machines (small and medium track type tractors) at the Peoria campus on various NPI, CPI, NTI and Research programs & projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with at least 2 years of relevant experience. A degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering is preferred.
- Must have general working knowledge of data acquisition equipment, instruments, various internal/external analysis software and a strong willingness to learn.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.