Contract position: Large utility is looking for a Project Cost Controller in Jackson MI or Clio MI. Responsible for monitoring and managing the safety, project costs during the construction phase for a project and reports directly to the Cost Controls Lead while serving the Project Manager and working closely with the Construction Manager & Field Leaders affected by this scope of work. The contract assignment is expected to last until construction ends in November but will most likely be extended. Will offer per diem. Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Controller
Requirements for the Controller
- Monitor and manage project costs during the constructions phase.
- Verify and approve all work site travel, per diem and miscellaneous invoices.
- Review the coding of timesheets, invoices, etc. for accuracy as well as insuring that adequate tracking of quantities and production is done on a weekly basis.
- Monitor daily cost of manpower, equipment and materials on the construction site.
- Analyze and communicate with suppliers for needed materials and equipment on job sites.
- Prepare quarterly project forecasts based on extensive knowledge of the ongoing construction as well as input from other members of the project team
- AS Degree (Bachelors Preferred)
- 5+ years cost controlling (billing, change orders and materials logistics) experience for large scale construction projects
- Microsoft Excel Experience Required
- SAP Experience Strongly Preferred
- Communications skills are also key for this position, as cost controllers must communicate effectively with both upper management and subordinates
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Medical plan available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.