Contract position: Electronics Technician needed at a leading electronics manufacturer located in Holtsville, NY. This will be a 6+ month contract. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Electronics Technician
Requirements for the Electronics Technician
- Set up and operate equipment or process including adjusting, rebuilding, or modifying test setups and associated fixtures.
- . Provide documentation of events and status with analysis of actions/results.
- Follow operational documents, manuals, with procedures and/or specifications.
- Performs moderately complex troubleshooting and calibration on instruments or test setups.
- Diagnoses difficult, infrequent problems with minimal direction or documentation; analyze to correct problems
- Responsible for compiling, analyzing, interpreting, documenting, delivering and archiving test results.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
- Assemble electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Provide technical assistance troubleshooting and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered before, during, and after construction.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2+ years experience as an electronics/electrical lab technician
- Knowledge of operational principles for electrical engineering equipment such as Meters, Scopes, Analyzers, Probes and other frequently employed devices used for electrical data acquisition.
- Must have a good understanding of technical / engineering practices with an ability to interpret specifications, drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Resume MUST contain what tools you've used, Oscilloscopes, meters, etc. and please highlight them so they stand out on the resume.
- Comprehensive benefit package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.