Contract position: IMMEDIATE NEED for a Site QC Construction Inspector with 15-20+ of site construction QA/QC experience on large refinery, gas processing plant & similar heavy industrial plant construction projects. This is a long term contract position in North Dakota. Excellent pay, per diem & R&R. You can expect to work 6 days (sometimes 7 days) at 10 hours a day.Responsibilities for the Inspector
Requirements for the Inspector
- Help oversee the QA/QC program and ensure that all subcontractors on the job are meeting project & industry quality specifications
- Support Site Management and Discipline Site Superintendent in terms of quality relevant matters regarding coordination and surveillance of contractors
- Participate in Pre-Inspection meetings and Kick-Off meetings with contractors, clients and inspection authorities on site
- Other responsibilities include coordinating, administrating, and/or performing inspection activities, document control, and writing reports
- Responsible for ensuring that the project is constructed, tested, inspected, and documented in accordance with the project specifications
- Review contractor's personnel qualification (e.g. Non-Destructive Testing, Welders, Destructive Testing, Painting, Insulation, Refractory) prior and during the construction activities
- Perform site audits towards contractors in liaison with Construction QA/QC (GCQ) Head Office Lead Auditor and coordinate and participate in client's and authority audits
- 15-20+ years of site construction QA/QC experience on large refinery, process plant or similar heavy industrial plant construction projects
- Ideal candidate has some experience on gas plant EPC projects
- You need the specific experience inspecting the construction on mechanical & piping areas on these EPC plant projects
- Experience building System Turn-Over Packages and performing system walk downs for completion
- Specific experience with mechanical completion for these projects would be preferred
- Knowledge of national/international and project specific quality standards and regulations as well as design and fabrication codes like ASME B 31.3., ASME IX, ASME V, API etc.
- A CWI would be helpful
- Excellent per diem
- PTO provided
- Health Insurance, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.