A Mechanical Drafter for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products is needed in the Sunnyvale, CA area. This position will assist the Design and Manufacturing Engineers to create technical drawings for company datacenter components and assemblies. No per diem available. No travel is anticipated. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Drafter
Requirements for the Mechanical Drafter
- Develop 2D control drawings from 3D models, components, and/or assemblies per industry best practices, utilizing various CAD productivity tools.
- Generate other pertinent technical specifications and documents as required. Utilizing PDM tools, properly archive and place created documentation under revision control.
- Assist with the design of products or components that support and aid production manufacturing processes. Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure that created documents and specifications comply with product design intent.
- A technical degree in drafting and/or extensive drafting experience. Expert Computer Aided Design (CAD) skills (Pro-Engineer/Creo preferred).
- Ability to navigate Product Data Management (PDM) tools, with solid understanding of product lifecycles, engineering change requests, and other part attribution processes.
- Solid understanding of Tolerance Loop Analyses. Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and Plus/Minus Tolerancing as it pertains to various mechanical manufacturing technologies.
<Benefits for the Mechanical Drafter
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.