Contract position: A Ceramics Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Corning, NY area. No per diem is available. No travel is anticipated. 1st shift. OT on a case by case basis.Responsibilities for the Technician
Requirements for the Technician
- Expected to carry out routine measurements independently. Work with other technicians and scientists.
- Focus of work includes processing of clays, silicates, and other nonmetallic minerals with desired properties into commercial products.
- Implement standard procedures and propose intermediate level modifications to improve workflow.
- Associate's degree is required with att least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Microsoft Excel and Word, including familiarity with the use of Excel for data analysis. Hands-on laboratory skills and the ability to rapidly learn new processes and new equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.