Contract position: Project Engineer needed for a leading energy company located in the greater Chicagoland area. In this role you will be responsible for planning, design and development of a variety of utility related projects.Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Develops designs for DOT, Pressure improvement, Renewals, Relocations and New Business.
- Collects and evaluates records for use in uprating procedures.
- Develops design options and guidance to improve distribution system.
- Become proficient for applying codes and standards as they apply to related engineering projects. Codes include, DOT 192, Construction Maintenance Manual and Operations Procedure Manual.
- Serves as liaison and engineering resource on projects; responds to questions, provides engineering expertise. Ensures successful completion of assigned project phase within budgeted time and cost constraints.
- BSME, Civil Engineering or related
- 2+ years experience in Utility related projects working with state DOT
- EIT certification a plus
- Contractor benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.