Permanent position: Our client is looking for an Electrical Controls Engineer in the Northern Suburbs of Chicago, IL. The Electrical Controls Engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our clients electrical specification standards. The Electrical Controls Engineer will work with other team members to create electrical equipment designs for individual and project level machine controls utilizing PLC's and servo motor platforms. The position will require approximately 30% US and International travel and they will not relocate. This is a direct hire position and can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Assist in the development and maintenance of client electrical specification standards.
- Capable of developing concepts based on product and customer specifications.
- Work with Mechanical Engineering to create electrical equipment designs for individual and project level machine controls utilizing PLC's and servo motor platforms.
- Utilize tools for calculations, schedules, design review and detailed documentation for projects.
- Independently create PLC and HMI/MMI programs.
- Lead final system testing before client delivery.
- Initiate engineering change documents and drawing revisions as needed.
- Candidates without a degree in engineering must demonstrate appropriate work experience in a related field.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of controls (Allen Bradley) experience.
- Prefer work experience in the baking or machine manufacturing industry.
- Must have experience with servo motors and programming PLC's.
- Must be willing to travel approximately 30% both domestic and international.
- Must be familiar with SOLIDWORKS.
- Robot experience in operation and programming is a plus. Must be willing to learn Robot programming and interfacing.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Sick time, & Bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.