Permanent position: Our client is looking to hire a Manufacturing Process Engineer in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL. This Manufacturing Process Engineer will handle industrial engineering related activities and be the liaison between related departments such as manufacturing, warehousing, quality assurance, operations, purchasing and accounting. The ideal candidate will leverage relevant experience and abilities to identify and drive opportunities for process and efficiency improvements. This is a direct hire opportunity that requires minimal local travel and can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Evaluate existing processes, workflows, space and layout through use of time studies and other tools to identify opportunities for gains in efficiency, cost reduction, and quality improvement.
- Carry out process improvement and drive problem resolution through developing standard operating, safety, and quality assurance procedures as well as associated training.
- Establish and/or implement applicable standards and metrics for products and processes, conferring with the supply chain; minimal local travel <10% required.
- Apply working knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, use of general hand and power tools, and quality in the assembly operations.
- Assure product and process quality by designing appropriate testing methodologies for incoming materials, work-in-process and finished goods.
- Collaborate with electrical and mechanical design engineering functions related to opportunities for process and product improvement for products that have been released and/or are under development.
- Contribute to the launch of new/revised products by establishing goals, implementing appropriate processes and evaluating results.
- Lead Kaizen events to apply root cause corrective action to problematic areas within the assembly and warehouse operations.
- Apply 5S methodology to the assembly and warehouse environments; encourage and empower team members to do the same.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing experience/certifications.
- 7+ years of manufacturing engineering and quality assurance experience in an electro-mechanical mid to high volume product assembly environment with an emphasis on Six Sigma and/or Lean process engineering.
- Experience with SOLIDWORKS and Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills and an acumen for data and analytics.
- Hands-on experience assembling electronics.
- ISO 9001:2015
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Work Hours and PTO.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.