Permanent position: Leading metal fabricator is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer for their facility near Winston-Salem, NC. This organization is a fully integrated supplier of manufacturing and engineering services, providing steel components and complex assemblies for the agricultural, construction, mining, energy, heavy truck and industrial sectors. Relocation assistance will be provided for non local candidates. Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements and workflow, and deigns layout of equipment and work-space for maximum efficiency; develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods. (this can include routers and part workflows for metal fabrication.)
- Working with engineering, tooling and design staff on product and tooling design to ensure efficient production methods.
- Coordinating with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Identify and lead / facilitate Kaizan events as needed; ensure all processes are documented and have SOP's and standard work.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- B.S. in Engineering or specifically relevant work experience will be considered.
- Experience working in a manufacturing and metal fabrication setting in a MFG or Process Engineering capacity. (ie. working with and reading blueprints, fab. dwgs, determine machine line / work cell improvements, improving MFG process, etc...)
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 401K with company match
- Relocation package available.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.