Permanent position: Plant Mechanical Engineer - Indianapolis, IN - Fortune 500 steel manufacturing company seeks to hire a Plant Engineer/Project Manager plant systems including compressed air, boiler system, fire protection, water systems, water treatment chemicals, sewer, natural gas and oxygen. Engineer to lead small and large scale equipment/capital projects. OHC and WWT experience highly desired. Requires BSME, BSMET or other Engineering degree. Salary range shown does not include bonus. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Manage plant systems including compressed air, boiler system, fire protection, water systems, water treatment chemicals, sewer, natural gas and oxygen.
- Updating and creation of plant drawings
- Design of small structures and improved parts/equipment
- BS Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering degree
- Prior engineering experience in the steel industry is preferred. Paper, Power, Chemical industry will be considered.
- OHC - overhead crane knowledge and maintenance experience highly desired
- Experience leading small and large scale projects (new equipment and upgrades)
- Experience implementing predictive/preventative PM practices: vibration analysis, oil analysis, thermography, a plus
- Desire experience with the preparation of proposal layout, description, budgets, timeline, purchasing, installation, commissioning.
- Maintenance Supervision experience would be a plus
- Obtain, review, compare, and negotiate contractor quotes
- WWT experience desired
- Excellent benefits including relocation assistance
- Bonus eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.