Contract position: Leading medical device company is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer in Danbury, CT. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's Degree or Master's in Mechanical Engineering or similar and 5-10 years of experience with medical devices and extensive experience with SolidWorks. This role will work on product sustaining projects and will design for multiple fabrication and material methods (injection molding, castings and sheet metal). Excellent opportunity to join a leading innovator in the industry! Additional responsibilities and requirements below. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Work on product sustaining projects (replacement or redesign for obsolete components,manufacturing support, and field complaints)
- Design for injection molding, castings, machined parts and sheet metal
- Participates in the manufacture or building of prototype product or system
- Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- 5-10 years of mechanical design experience with medical devices or surgical equipment. Electromechanical design experience a plus.
- Expert level Solidworks
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.