Contract position: A Planner is needed for an engineering consulting company specializing in infrastructure and natural resource challenges in the Englewood, CO area. This position is supporting multiple EPCM projects, providing innovative approaches to procurement execution. No per diem is available. Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Working with other members of the team, you'll support issuance of RFP's, evaluate and negotiate proposals, issue PO's, and develop Expediting strategies. You will be that experienced person that can work from time of PO creation till the material arrives at the project site.
- Purchases materials or other goods and or coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies. Reviews requisitions.
- Interviews and confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule. Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items.
- Determines method of procurement, such as direct purchase or bid. Prepares purchase orders or bid requests. Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Candidate must have extensive experience in Procurement in the Oil & Gas sector.
- 4+ years' of experience in Supply Management or related field, with specific experience in Procurement required. BA or BS, or equal, preferred.
- SCMP, CPP, or other professional procurement designation preferred. EPC experience preferred. Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.