Permanent position: Medical manufacturing company in Vermont is currently in search for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join their rapidly growing manufacturing plant. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be supporting manufacturing operation by ensuring that all plant equipment and machinery is maintained in accordance with the original equipment manufacturer's specifications and requirements. The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer has a leadership role in process support, equipment reliability, and continuous improvement. They must be able to resolve complex issues related to: plant machinery and equipment, tooling, and facility maintenance. This position requires a hands-on approach using best practice techniques while managing/prioritizing departmental needs and subordinate actions Responsibilities for the Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Improves and documents processes on existing molds, using established systematic techniques.
- Perform tests on molds, which cannot be tested at the Technology Center
- Ensures required process development information accompanies new tooling
- Interpret processes received and makes necessary conversions for production equipment to be used.
- Drives Lean Manufacturing by incorporating reliable automation systems into processes
- Specifies/requisitions all new/replacement production equipment
- Trouble shoots production processes, equipment, and tooling
- Oversees the actions of: Facility/Machine Maintenance Technician, Mold Maintenance Supervisor, and Building Maintenance/Custodian
- 5 years' experience in injection molding processing; Degree in Plastics or Mechanical Engineering or Math desired
- Must have comprehensive knowledge and thorough understanding of injection molding process, machines, robotics, and auxiliary equipment.
- Knowledge of ISO standards, SPC, TQM, and GMP
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and manufacturing personnel
- Up-to-date knowledge of injection molding machinery and equipment technology
- Skilled in basic metrology; working knowledge of geometric tolerances and ability to interpret drawings; some experience in design and process statistical capability studies desired
- Company provided benefits. Health, dental, vision. 401k match. Bonus. Relocation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.