Permanent position: Immediate opening for a Manufacturing Engineer in the Winston Salem, NC area. This person will work in a precision manufacturing environment, with tight tolerances and precision assembly cells. (stamping, molds, machining etc.. or smaller, precision components and assemblies. Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies, as well as test procedures, tools programs and training.
- Evaluate the manufacturing effectiveness of a build process and implement improvements to meet build cycle times and product design specifications; lead projects; contribute new ideas; find innovative methods to accomplish goals.
- Test and qualify components and processes. Work with suppliers to improve incoming material quality and acceptance. Interface with engineering in coordinating the release of new products. Read and interpret design drawings, schematics, and perform simple updates of models or drawings using computer-aided design
- Major objectives may include: improving manufacturing operational efficiency, optimizing product design, qualifying replacement components, improving product quality, improving customer satisfaction, and reducing manufacturing costs.
- Estimates manufacturing cost, determines time standards, and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
- BS in Engineering, preferred;specific experience without a degree will be considered as well.
- 4+ years of experience in a MFG Engineer role, ideally in an precision MFG environment, medical devices, instrumentation, aerospace, electronics etc...
- 3D modeling experience, ideally with Soliworks
- Direct Hire role with competitive company benefits package provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.