Contract position: A Manufacturing Engineer for a corporation that designs, produces, and distributes engines, filtration, and power generation products is needed in the Memphis, TN area. This position will assist with the planning, design, purchase, and/or implementation of integrated manufacturing, assembly or fabrication processes in a manufacturing plant. No per diem available. No travel is anticipated. 1st shift and some OT.Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Help determine the manufacturing processes required to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification.
- Work with engineering to identify problems with product and performance; may recommend solutions or enhancements.
- Work to improve equipment availability and capability by utilizing continuous improvement tools and working cross functionally. Define manufacturing standard working methods.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably the degree would be in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience working in a manufacturing environment. Must have experience being around machinery. CNC machining knowledge is preferred.
- Knowledge of CAD work or some exposure to it. Lean manufacturing knowledge is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.