Contract position: IMMEDIATE NEED!!!!...........Client is looking for an Assistant Electrical Designer to help design substations including yard layouts, plans, elevations, sections and details, grounding, ground grids, Bill of Materials, interior and exterior raceways, auxiliary AC and DC power systems, and cable lists. The position is long term and located in the Denver CO office. Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- preparing new and modified relay drawings, including relay panel arrangements, protection and controls, single lines, three lines, AC schematics, DC, equipment wiring, and relay panel wiring.
- initial rough designs or sketches and red-lines or markups on ongoing projects
- Organize and maintain all revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information in a logical and well-structured manner
- Incorporate schedules, budgets and project criteria into electrical design and layouts
- Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field and two years related experience or associate's degree and four years related experience or five years progressive detailing and design experience. Previous substation experience is highly preferred
- Strong understanding of design software such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Excel to develop the design deliverables
- Ability to utilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.